2021 Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity
How much can a Land Rover Defender tow? Thanks to advanced tow assist and other innovations, the 2021 Land Rover Defender towing capacity can reach a maximum 7,716 pounds. Whether you hit the trail in a four-door Defender 110 or the new two-door Defender 90, outstanding geometry and revolutionary tech will keep you in control. Below, the Land Rover West Chester team takes a closer look at the new Land Rover Defender towing capacity specs, performance features, and more.
How Much Can a 2021 Land Rover Defender Tow?
Just how much can a Land Rover Defender tow to RV parks and rugged trails around Philadelphia? Features like Advanced Tow Assist and Configurable Terrain Response will help the Defender reach its towing potential, but two muscular engines are at the core of the Defender’s capability. Take a look at the Land Rover Defender towing capacity by engine, below:
2.0L P300 i4 Gasoline Engine
- 7,716-pound max towing capacity
- 296 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque
- Standard on Defender base trim
3.0L P400 i6 Gasoline MHEV Engine
- 7,716-pound max towing capacity
- 395 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque
- Standard on Defender X‑Dynamic S
Land Rover Advanced Towing Features
Tackle a wide range of challenging tasks and road conditions with confidence, thanks to innovative Land Rover performance features like Advanced Tow Assist. Even water is no match: the Defender boasts a 35.4-inch wading depth.
- Advanced Tow Assist — This feature makes every towing job safer by adjusting counter-steering and displaying the direction of your trailer while you’re reversing.
- All-Wheel Drive with Electronic Traction Control — Your Defender actively adjusts to the terrain to maintain traction at all times, even when conditions are unstable, slippery, or uneven.
- Twin-Speed Transmission — The Defender’s specialized transmission allows for precise control while you maneuver unpredictable off-road driving conditions.
- Configurable Terrain Response — This class-exclusive feature allows you to individually select Defender’s powertrain, steering differentials, and traction control settings.
- Terrain Response 2 — Activate an Automatic Mode that analyzes conditions while you drive in Exton, and then automatically selects the best-matched terrain program.
- Electronic Active Differential — Adjusts power to all four wheels to make the best use of available traction–reducing wheel slip when you’re off-road, and enhancing cornering when you’re on the road.
- ClearSight Ground View — Strategically-placed cameras allow you to see and avoid obstacles that are directly in front of you, via the central infotainment display.
- All-Terrain Progress Control — Set your speed, optimize traction, and keep moving forward in the toughest off-road conditions.
- Hill Launch Control and Gradient Release Control — These two systems work together to prevent your vehicle from rolling backwards as you tow up an incline.
Lease or Finance a 2021 Land Rover Defender in West Chester!
Looking for 2020 Defender towing capacity specs or Land Rover accessories to customize your new Defender? Contact our team to learn more about the benefits of certified pre-owned vehicles for sale in Chester Springs.
More About the Land Rover Defender
The 2021 Land Rover Defender is a head-turning luxury SUV with lots of technologies that make it an excellent choice for many Philadelphia car shoppers. When it comes to interior amenities and technology features, the new Land Rover Defender is truly unmatched. The team at Land Rover West Chester has your guide to the 2021 Land Rover…
As the Motortrend 2021 SUV of the Year, the new 2021 Land Rover Defender sets the standard for the industry, but what about the 2021 Land Rover Defender 90 configuration specifically? This 2021 Defender trim level shares the ultra-rugged build and ultra-luxurious characteristics of the Defender 110, but it has a personality that’s all…
The 2021 Land Rover Defender price ranges from $46,100 MSRP for the base-model Defender 90 to $50,500 MSRP for the Defender 110. No matter which 2021 Land Rover Defender configuration you have chosen, you will enjoy forward-thinking interior design and premium features sure to bring new life into every drive around the Philadelphia area….