How Much Can a 2022 Land Rover Defender Tow?
Just how much can a new 2022 Land Rover Defender tow? This luxury SUV boasts more than just handsome fascia and iconic interior and exterior design. In fact, the 2022 Land Rover Defender towing capacity — up to 7,716 pounds when properly equipped for the Defender 90, or up to 8,201-pounds with the P400 i6 engine in the Land Rover 110 — is yet another impressive aspect of this Land Rover SUV. It’s also a main reason why so many Exton and Philadelphia drivers are flocking to Land Rover West Chester to order their next Defender. Curious to learn more about just what a Land Rover Defender can tow? Read on or contact us anytime at Land Rover West Chester!
What Can a 2022 Land Rover Defender Tow?
Whether you’re looking for an SUV that can tow a couple of ATVs, a small to medium-sized boat, or possibly even a dirtbike, the 2022 Land Rover Defender has you covered. Here are some things you can tow with a 7,000-pound capacity (remember — the Defender towing capacity is higher than this):
- Ski boat
- Tow dolly
- Pop-up camper
- Small sailboat
- Pontoon boat
- Utility trailer
- Car trailer
- And more!
2022 Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity by Engine
2.0L P300 I4 Gasoline Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716-pound
- Generates 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- Standard on Defender base trim
3.0L P400 I6 Gasoline MHEV Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716-pound (available 8,201-pound towing capacity for Defender 110)
- Generates 395 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Standard on Defender X through Dynamic S
5.0L P525 V8 Gasoline Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716 pounds
- Generates 518 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Standard on Defender V8 and Defender V8 Carpathian Edition
2022 Land Rover Defender Towing Features
How much can a 2022 Land Rover Defender tow? That’s a question of quantity. How does the Land Rover Defender make towing more convenient? That’s a question of quality and one that all too often goes overlooked. Luckily, the Defender towing capacity is far from this SUV’s only impressive towing-related feature. Here are some other noteworthy mentions:
- All-Wheel Drive with Electronic Traction Control — Adjusts to different terrain types to promote optimal traction at all times.
- Twin-Speed Transmission — Provides improved control while off-roading.
- Configurable Terrain Response — Lets you customize powertrain, steering differentials, and traction control settings.
- Terrain Response 2 — Automatic Mode easily matches the terrain program to your current Chester Springs driving conditions.
- Advanced Tow Assist — Adjusts counter-steering and displays trailer direction while you’re towing and backing up.
- Hill Launch Control and Gradient Release Control — Helps you tow up an incline while mitigating the chances of your Defender rolling backward.
- Electronic Active Differential — Regulates power distribution to all four wheels to increase overall grip and traction.
- ClearSight Ground View — Cameras stream to your central screen to help you avoid hitting any obstacles while you’re off-roading near Boothwyn
- All-Terrain Progress Control — Sets your speed to keep you moving through tough terrain.
Check Out the New Defender in West Chester
Ready to feel the power and capability of a new Land Rover Defender and what it can do for your Chester Springs adventures today? Order your 2022 Land Rover Defender now! In the meantime, don’t be shy about calling (800) 445-0819 if you have any questions. Want to streamline the process of taking home your next Defender? Apply for financing online today!
More About Land Rover Defender Features
Just how much can a new 2022 Land Rover Defender tow? This luxury SUV boasts more than just handsome fascia and iconic interior and exterior design. In fact, the 2022 Land Rover Defender towing capacity — up to 7,716 pounds when properly equipped for the Defender 90, or up to 8,201-pounds with the P400…
The 2022 Land Rover Defender interior provides a luxurious experience that will have your passengers and those watching in awe. This luxury all-terrain SUV is perfect for the commute to Philadelphia or a camping trip to Exton. Whatever the lifestyle, the new Defender will provide exactly what you need! But, does the Land Rover…
The Land Rover Defender, known for its off-road capabilities and luxury features, is back! The 2022 Land Rover Defender V8 builds upon its prominence with a V8 engine under its hood. West Chester drivers can equip their Defender 90 or Defender 110 with a Supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine for optimal performance. At Land Rover West Chester, we are…
Interested in one of the Land Rover Defender models and want to know about the starting prices? The new 2022 Land Rover Defender price starts at $47,700 MSRP for the entry-level configuration. Learn about the different Land Rover Defender trim levels, starting prices, and standard interior features to see which one is better suited for your Philadelphia…