Trims and Pricing
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport is available in three well-appointed trims:
- 2016 Land Rover Discover Sport SE – Starting at $37,695 MSRP
- 2016 Land Rover Discover Sport HSE – Starting at $42,195 MSRP
- 2016 Land Rover Discover Sport HSE LUX – Starting at $46,595 MSRP
Each trim features automatic headlamps and rain-sensing wipers for driver convenience, as well as rear fog lamps and front daylight running lights for increased safety and visibility. Designed for superior performance both on and off road, the Discovery Sport has an impressive rear axle clearance of 9.4-inches and a wading depth of 23.6-inches, allowing it easily navigate even the nastiest roads, while the tight 38.1-foot turning radius makes it effortless to maneuver in the confines of a crowded urban environment. Drivers can even take advantage of an exclusive fixed panoramic sunroof, powered Gesture tailgate, and LED signature lighting, as well as other compelling features on selected trims.
The Discovery Sport is powered by a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder gasoline engine and 9-speed automatic transmission with 4WD drivetrain. This combination is capable of generating as much as 240 hp and up to 250 lb.-ft. of torque. In recent EPA testing, this powertrain delivered 20 mpg/city and 28 mpg/highway fuel efficiency, for a maximum of 518 miles on a single tank of fuel.
Interior Design and Features
Inside, the Discovery Sport is designed to accommodate as many as seven passengers in stylish luxury with no shortage of exciting tech to keep even the smallest occupants entertained:
- Infotainment – The InControl connectivity suite with standard 8-inch touchscreen allows drivers to connect their compatible smartphone for access to hands-free calling, maps, music, traffic and more. Drivers can also choose the InControl Touch Pro for added features, connect up to eight devices to Wi-Fi on the go, and opt for a 10.2-inch interface.
- Adaptable Seating – Flat folding rear seats, power-adjustable front seats with driver memory, grained leather surfaces, and an available sliding second-row allow drivers to customize the passenger area, or take full advantage of the 60 cubic feet of rear cargo space.
- Comfort and Convenience – Options like passive entry, automatic climate control, intuitive control knobs, auto-dimming rearview mirror, pushbutton start, multifunction steering wheel with audio, calling, and cruise, abundant stowage, and other features make the Discovery Sport ideal for busy families on the go, providing intuitive access to the features they seek.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The Land Rover Discovery Sport is loaded with impressive new safety equipment designed to appeal to a wide variety of drivers:
- Intelligent Speed Limiter – Using the available Traffic Sign Recognition, the ISL monitors traffic signs and notes changes in maximum speed limits. When noted, the driver receives and alert and is asked to accept the new limit. Once accepted, the vehicle automatically slows to the new maximum speed.
- Driver Condition Monitor – In an effort to avoid accidents cause by driver fatigue, the DCM monitors the driver for signs of fatigue and issues an audible alert if any are detected.
- Driver Assist – Features like Lane Keeping Assist, Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Assist, rearview camera system and other features help drivers to monitor the area around the vehicle and avoid obstacles and other vehicles while improving overall handling.
2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport Reviews
With style, power, and enviable features, it’s little surprise the 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport has garnered such rave reviews:
- Car and Driver – “The dapper looks of the Discovery Sport conceal its serious off-road credentials, which set it apart from its more on-road-oriented rivals.”
- The Car Connection – “‘Smart’ is the word that best applies to the way that the Discovery Sport is laid out inside; it’s a comfortable, versatile, and functional cabin through and through.”
- Kelley Blue Book – “The dual personality of the new Discovery Sport ensures that the SUV never feels out of place, on road or off.”
- Consumer Guide – “Controls are not only easy to reach but also easier than many found in the premium class to decipher, with a combination of honest-to-goodness buttons and knobs supplementing an 8-inch touchscreen for infotainment adjustments.”
Test-Drive the 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport Near Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA Today
Explore the power, features, and adventure that comes with a 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport at the premier Wayne and Melbourne, PA luxury vehicle authority. Contact Land Rover of West Chester at (800) 445-0819 or visit us at 1568 West Chester Pike West Chester, PA to schedule a test-drive.