2016 Land Rover Range Rover vs. 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser
Their names might sound a little similar at first, but drivers deciding between the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover vs 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser should know the difference. When you need a luxurious and powerful new crossover near Wayne or Newton Square, PA, the advantage lies with Land Rover. Read on to learn about three key areas where the Toyota Land Cruiser falls short of the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover.
If you’re the kind of driver who needs choices, the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover leaves the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser looking positively uninspired. Toyota only offers one engine while the Land Rover Range Rover is available with three options
- Supercharged 3.0L V6: The standard engine for the Land Rover Range Rover, its specs start at 340 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque, with an available 380 hp on the HSE trim. Despite its power, the standard engine is remarkably efficient (we break down the mpg specs between the Land Rover Range Rover and Land Cruiser below).
- 0L Turbodiesel V6: New for the 2016 model year, this diesel engine gives the vehicle a significant torque upgrade for when it’s time to tow, delivering 254 hp and 443 lb.-ft. of torque. It’s the most efficient of the Land Rover Range Rover’s engines, as you’ll see in our next section. The turbodiesel, or “Td6,” is available on standard and HSE trims.
- Supercharged 5.0L V8: The ultimate Land Rover Range Rover powerhouse delivers 510 hp and 461 lb.-ft. of torque (boosted to 550 hp and 502 lb.-ft. on SV Autobiography models).
For comparison, the Toyota engine is a 5.7L V8 that manages 381 hp and 401 lb.-ft. of torque. Of course, the Toyota engine also falls behind each of the Land Rover Range Rover engines on fuel economy, even Land Rover’s significantly more powerful supercharged 5.0L V8.
Whether it’s for work, family, or weekend adventures, it’s important for a crossover SUV’s engine to fit into your budget, and the Range Rover tops Toyota’s Land Cruiser in fuel economy with every engine.
- Range Rover Fuel Economy Specs: The Td6 engine is the most efficient at 29 mpg/highway and 22 mpg/city, followed by the supercharged V6 at 23 mpg/highway and 17 mpg/city, and rounded out with the supercharged 5.0L V8 at 19 mpg/highway and 14 mpg/city.
- Toyota Land Cruiser Fuel Economy Specs: With 18 mpg/highway and 13 mpg/city, the Land Cruiser is less efficient than each competing powertrain.
The engine specs of a high-end SUV are certainly important, but we think it’s just as important that you travel in style and comfort. If high-tech features, a good looking design, and luxurious interiors are a priority, the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover leaves the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser looking pretty simple. While the Land Rover Range Rover comes in five trims with multiple options, the Land Cruiser exists as a single-trim SUV with no available options.
Here are just a few key differences:
- Wheels: The Land Rover Range Rover sports a pair of 19-inch alloy wheels (20-, 21-, and 22-inch wheels are available as well) while the Toyota features 18-inch wheels.
- Suspension: Standard on the Land Rover Range Rover is an adjustable air suspension (that features automatic lowering for entry and exit) while the Toyota transfers to bumps and jostles into the cabin.
- Sound System: The Toyota Land Cruiser sports a 14-speaker JBL sound system while the Land Rover Range Rover has both 19- and 29-speaker Meridian sound systems available as well.
- Heated Comfort: While both vehicles feature heated front seating, the Land Rover Range Rover features a heated steering wheel for a more welcome winter drive as well as heating elements in the side mirrors and windshield for a quicker defrost.
We’ve just touched on four differences of many; drivers concerned with options and advantages will clearly find more with the Land Rover Range Rover than the Land Cruiser.
Find Your 2016 Land Rover Range Rover at the Land Rover Dealership Wayne, PA and Newton Square, PA Drivers Trust
Now that you’ve seen what elevates the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover over the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser, let us show you what it’s capable of in person. Newton Square, PA and Wayne, PA drivers can get behind the wheel of a luxurious and powerful crossover SUV at Land Rover West Chester, 1568 West Chester Pike. Contact us online or by phone at (800) 445-0819 with any questions or to schedule your test drive.