2016 Land Rover Range Rover vs. 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum
2016 Land Rover Range Rover
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum
The 2016 Land Rover Range Rover delivers premium power, convenient features, and the expansive interior that discerning Wayne and Newtown, PA drivers long for. To illustrate the superior value of this rugged SUV, we’ve compared it to a competitor, the 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum. One look and it’s easy to see why the Range Rover is a top choice at Land Rover of West Chester.
What Kind of Power Do You Need?
While both vehicles offer drivers potent V6 engines, only the Range Rover provides access to additional power:
- 2016 Land Rover Range Rover: Drivers can choose a supercharged 3.0L V6 powerplant capable of as much as 380 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque, a 3.0L turbocharged V6 Diesel engine for 245 hp and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, or a supercharged 5.0L V8 powerplant that generates 510 hp and 461 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum: The Ford Explorer Platinum offers just one engine; the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 powerplant capable of just 365 hp and 350 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
What Features Matter to You?
Both vehicles offer a number of standard convenience features in common, but the Range Rover delivers access to advanced standard amenities the Ford does not:
- 2016 Land Rover Range Rover: The Range Rover provides a standard Heads Up display for convenient access to vital information at a glance. Drivers also get rear audio controls, the option to add heated and cooled rear seats, auto-levelling HD lighting and much more.
- 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum: The Explorer doesn’t offer a head-up display, forcing drivers to look away from the road for needed information and, although drivers do gain heated rear seats, there is no option for a cooling feature. The Explorer also doesn’t offer Auto-levelling or HD headlamps, so visibility is naturally restricted.
How Much Space Do You Require?
Most SUV buyers look for vehicles that offer not only power and capability but the ability to move cargo and passengers as well. Here too, the Range Rover outperforms the Explorer Platinum:
- 2016 Land Rover Range Rover: The Range Rover is available in two sizes; standard and long wheelbase. This allows drivers the access to up to 32.1 cubic feet of standard or 82.8 cubic feet of expanded cargo capacity. It also allows drivers to choose the size of SUV that suits their driving needs, without sacrificing the features or quality that Range Rover is known for.
- 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum: The Explorer Platinum comes in just one size, which offers 21.0 cubic feet of interior cargo space with the seats in place, or 81.7 cubic feet of expanded cargo volume when the seats are laid down.
See the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover in Action on Your Next Wayne and Newtown Square, PA Adventure
The 2016 Land Rover Range Rover easily outperforms the 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum on our Wayne and Newtown Square, PA tests.To learn more, or to schedule a test-drive, contact Land Rover West Chester at (800) 445-0819 or stop by our showroom 1568 West Chester Pike, in West Chester, PA.