2016 Land Rover Range Rover vs. 2017 Cadillac Escalade
If you’re having trouble making a decision between the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover and the 2017 Cadillac Escalade, we can help. Newton Square, PA and Wayne, PA drivers have been visiting Land Rover West Chester for some of the finest luxury crossovers on the market, and we’re here to share with you some key differences between the Land Rover Range Rover and the Escalade. We hope it makes your car shopping a bit easier.
If you put power at a premium, then you need to see how the Land Rover Range Rover’s available supercharged 5.0L V8 compares to the Escalade’s 6.2L V8 engine.
- Supercharged 5.0L V8: This available Land Rover Range Rover engine takes power to new heights with 510 hp and 461 lb.-ft. of torque (rising to 550 hp and 502 lb.-ft. of torque on Range Rover SV Autobiography SUVs).
- Cadillac 6.2L V8: While the Cadillac’s 420 hp and 460 lb.-ft. of torque surely put it ahead of many other luxury SUVs, it noticeably falls behind the Range Rover’s available V8.
Engine specs are just a part of the picture with these two crossovers. Because Land Rover knows that you can never be too prepared for what life throws at you, the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover has a standard four-wheel drive system while the 2017 Cadillac Escalade requires upgrades for four-wheel drive.
- 2016 Land Rover Range Rover models feature full-time four-wheel drive with a standard Terrain Response system the brings five different terrain modes (with traction, suspension, and powertrain settings specific to each). An active locking rear differential is available as well.
- Terrain Response 2 is available on Range Rover models and adds an adaptive mode that is able to sense surface conditions and automatically adjust to counter them.
- 2017 Escalade 4WD models might have an edge over SUVs with two- or all-wheel drive, but it doesn’t offer the versatility of the Land Rover.
Engine performance and four-wheel drive are just two of the advantages the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover has over the 2017 Cadillac Escalade, but it’s just the start of a long list. Drivers who might not be as concerned with performance can rest easy; the Range Rover had plenty of comfort and technology features that elevate it above the Escalade. Take a look at just a few of the Land Rover’s advantages:
- Suspension: Not only does the Land Rover Range Rover feature an adjustable air suspension that smooths out the imperfections on and off the road, it features automatic lowering for easy entry and exit. The Escalade doesn’t have a comparable suspension option.
- Stereo System: While the Escalade as a 16-speaker Bose sound system available, the Range Rover can be had with either a 19- or 29-speaker Meridian sound system.
- Climate Control: Both vehicles feature tri-zone automatic climate control as standard, but the Land Rover has a four-zone climate comfort option that makes it easier to keep everyone comfy for the long ride.
- Height of Luxury: The Land Rover Range Rover allows you to travel in the height of luxury with available power folding rear tray tables that feature leather or wood surfaces with built-in USB charging ports, a leather headliner, and a panoramic view roof. You won’t find these features on any Escalade.
Of course, these features join the Land Rover’s Bluetooth, touchscreen infotainment system, rearview camera, navigation, leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seating, and other high-class and high-tech standard features.
Find Your 2016 Land Rover Range Rover at Your Leading Wayne, PA and Newton Square, PA Land Rover Authority
You’ve seen some key differences, now let us show you the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover firsthand. Wayne and Newton Square, PA residents can visit Land Rover West Chester for a test drive at 1568 West Chester Pike. Contact us online or give us a call at (800) 445-0819 to schedule some time behind the wheel.